Senior Accounts Administrator - FULL TIME
What you’ll be doing:
As well as the hands-on accounts administration duties that form a large portion of the role, the Senior Accounts Administrator will provide support to the SLT and wider accounting team. They will also be required to be the accounts point of contact for some of our key commercial clients, so experience of client management would also be a plus.
The role will report into one of the SLT members and will also be responsible for the line management of an Accounts Administrator.
- Knowledge and ownership of accounts system and processes.
- Accounting responsibility for key commercial and residential portfolio clients.
- Liaising with fee earners to enable smooth operation of service charge and residential management cycles.
- Update and maintain accounts database.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts to the accounts database.
- Maintenance of accounting files and electronic records.
- Track and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Line management of an Accounts Administrator.
- Producing monthly and quarterly statements.
- Arrears reporting.
- HMRC returns and reporting
Applicants with experience and familiarity in a similar role are strongly encouraged to apply.
What skills & experience you’ll bring to us:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Knowledge and experience of double entry accounting practices and software
- Knowledge and experience of the property market and related accounting practices (not essential but preferred)
- Line management experience (not essential but preferred)
- Adaptability and a can-do approach – the ability to switch approach as needed to get the desired results. Adair Paxton is a small firm and requires everyone to get their hands dirty….right up to the SLT level.
What we need from you:
- Commitment – this role is a permanent contract.
- Availability – this role is full-time (35 hours per week).
- Location - Horsforth based
- Want to apply? Get in touch today.
If you think you fit this bill, get in touch – we’d love to hear from you. Contact [email protected] and a short covering letter outlining why you think you would be perfect for this role. We’ll get back you within a week to let you know if we’d like to meet up.