The buildings have been sympathetically restored to provide modern, flexible accommodation which could suit a variety of commercial occupiers. Several of the period features have been retained and blend in well with the modern refurbishment to provide open plan office with good natural light and on-site parking.
The buildings comprising The Roundhouse Business Park date back to the mid 1800’s when they formed part of the busy locomotive depot for the repair and maintenance of locomotives serving the North Eastern railway. The site was still in use as a depot up until the early 1900’s. Today the two existing roundhouses and canal side buildings have been Grade II listed.